Chicken Poke Bowl
Posted on August 19, 2020
It’s poke time! This Japanese-inspired dish is light and tasty and offers a variety of flavours and textures. From cool and crunchy cucumber to warm and crispy chicken, topped off with a zesty Sriracha mayo, you won’t get that heavy feeling after eating, but will be left satiated and happy!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 1 box Deliciou Plant Based Chicken
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cucumber, sliced into strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 avocado, sliced into strips
- 125g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Lime, to garnish (optional)
- ½ cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of sriracha sauce
- Cook the sushi rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken according to package instructions, mixing in 1 Tbsp soy sauce. Form 4 large patties about 1-2cm thick, then pan fry over medium heat in 3 Tbsp oil until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and slice into bite sized pieces.
- Assemble poke bowls by placing a layer of rice first, then arrange the toppings in sections.
- Mix the sriracha mayo ingredients together in a small bowl, then drizzle over your bowl. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve with a wedge of lime! Fresh and delicious!
Pro tip: use microwave rice to save time!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get shipping for all orders over $40.