Pork and Chive Dumplings
Posted on January 14, 2022
Tasty and irresistible, who can say no to a good juicy dumpling?! Follow our secret recipe for the BEST plant-based pork & chive dumplings! These dumplings come out succulent and tender and have a delightful golden crunch - yum!
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the sauce:
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp chilli, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
For the dumplings:
- 30 dumpling wrappers
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-based Pork
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- ½ cup chives, finely diced
- Make sauce mixture by mixing the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or jug.
- In a large bowl, prepare pork as mince according to package directions, mixing in the onion, chives and 2 Tbsp of the sauce mixture.
- To make the dumplings, dip your finger in a bit of fresh water and moisten the outer edges of half the dumpling wrapper (in a semi-circle). Place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture in the middle of the pastry. Fold the pastry in half and press the edges firmly to seal. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the bottom of the dumpling, so it sits upright.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil to a non stick frying pan, lay the dumplings onto the pan and place it on a high heat. Add ½ cup of water before the oil gets too hot and cover it with a lid. Cook for 5 -7 mins until water completely evaporates and bottom of the dumplings become golden brown. Flip the dumplings to cook the other side.
- Plate up dumplings while hot and spoon over the sauce right before serving. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Try a store-bought dumpling sauce instead of making your own to make it quicker and easier!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get shipping for all orders over $40.