Pork Fried Rice
Posted on January 21, 2021
You can’t go wrong with this dinner staple. Perfect for those lazy weekdays, using our Deliciou Plant-Based Pork as a mince, the pork gets wonderfully crispy and tasty in this fried rice! Packed full of veggies and even more flavour, this cheap, quick and easy meal is a winner.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- ½ medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen peas, carrot and corn mix
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups microwave rice, microwaved then chilled
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce (vegan)
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Prepare the Deliciou Plant-Based Pork according to package directions, and season with ¼ tsp salt. In a large pan or wok, fry as mince in 2 Tbsp of oil over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add another 2 Tbsp oil, then cook onions, garlic and frozen veg mix on medium heat until translucent and soft.
- Add the last 2 Tbsp oil and turn to high heat. When the oil is very hot, add in the chilled rice and toss occasionally until it starts to form crispy bits. Then, lower the heat back to medium.
- Finally add the pork mince back in, then the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and spring onions and toss to combine. Serve up while it’s hot! Enjoy.
Pro tip: Make sure your rice is cold so it doesn’t get soggy when frying. Add a little extra soy sauce over the finished meal if you prefer it saltier, or add sriracha/chilli for an added kick!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get shipping for all orders over $40.