Spaghetti & Beef Meatballs
Posted on July 06, 2021
These might not be Nonna’s meatballs but they sure do taste like them! With rich tomato-y sauce and hearty plant-based meatballs, this vegan Spaghetti & Beef Meatball recipe is sure to win hearts!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 250g dried spaghetti pasta
- Basil, to garnish
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 270ml chilled water
- 500g jar Italian herb tomato pasta sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef ingredients and mix well. Shape into meatballs using about a tablespoon of mixture per ball, then cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until step 5.
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions. Keep a cup of the cooked pasta water aside for later, then drain pasta once cooked.
- In a large frying pan, add the sauce ingredients and slowly bring to medium heat, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Add the pasta into the sauce and mix through, ensuring the pasta is well coated. If too thick, add in a little of the pasta water to loosen the sauce until desired consistency.
- In a separate pan, fry the meatballs over medium heat in a thin layer of olive oil until golden brown.
- Serve the spaghetti in bowls and top with meatballs. Garnish with basil and buon appetito!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get shipping for all orders over $40.