Posted on September 17, 2020
Say bye-bye to store-bought preservative-packed hummus! Once you’ve tried our recipe, you’ll be wondering why you didn’t make your hummus at home earlier. Healthy, cheap, tasty and fresh, this simple dip couldn’t get any easier! Made with just a few ingredients, this recipe keeps in the fridge for up to one week and makes for the perfect healthy snack. Add as much or as little garlic seasoning as you like to really personalise the flavour!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup well-stirred tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of ground paprika for garnish
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning and chickpeas until smooth. If too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time and keep blending.
- Taste the hummus and add salt according to your taste.
- Serve hummus in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of paprika. Add your favourite chips to dip or cut up some veggie sticks for a healthier option... dig in!
Pro tip: Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
Grab your Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning online today!