Maple Bacon Doughnuts
Posted on September 03, 2021
These easy vegan doughnuts are the perfect indulgence! Enjoy them whilst still hot with a crispy outside covered with sweet maple-bacony goodness and a soft and fluffy inside. YUM!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Oil for frying
- 500g pizza dough, at room temperature
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning
- Follow pre-made pizza dough instructions to allow enough time for rising of the dough.
- Fill a small saucepan with oil, 5cm deep, and heat on a medium-high setting.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning so it is well combined.
- Pinch off small golf-ball-sized pieces of dough and roll into balls. Once oil is hot enough that a tiny piece of dough sizzles when dropped in, carefully place the dough balls in the oil and fry in batches.
- Using metal tongs, turn the doughnuts over so that they cook and go golden brown on all sides, about 2 - 4 mins. Once fully golden, remove the doughnuts from the oil and place immediately in the sugar mixture. Roll well to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Serve warm and make sure you get in quick! They’re sure to be a hit!
Pro tip: buy fresh pizza dough from the fridge or deli section at your supermarket to save time.
Grab your Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning online and get shipping for all orders over $40.